Helpdesk Pilot Knowledge Base
Downloading, Installing and Using Blackboard IM (formerly Pronto)
Last updated on:
20 Jan 2013
Preparing Your Computer
keywords: IM, message, chat
Blackboard IM (Pronto) is an instant messaging tool that you can use to communicate with your instructor or fellow students. It is a program that needs to be downloaded and installed for you to use it. The directions provided in the video below will help you do that.
- Go to any class in Blackboard.
- 2. Click on “Tools”.
- 3. Click on “Blackboard IM”.
- 4. Complete the required account information. (password, email, security question etc.)
- 5. Agree to the terms and conditions.
- 6. Download and install the Blackboard IM software.
- 7. Launch the Blackboard IM software.
- 8. Enter the username and password you setup in step 4.
- 9. Click “Sign In”.
- 10.To chat with a student or teacher check that their light is green and then double click
- on their name.
- 11.Type your message into the chat area and hit enter on your keyboard
TIP: Use Blackboard Instant Messenger to get live help! Just click the "School" tab in Bb IM to use the Help Desk (currently open over the lunch hour every week day).